Perfection, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, and wait ‘til you behold these beauties!!!
CATEGORY VOTING IS OPEN for TWO DAYS
It’s time to fall in love with these photos!! I am super stoked to see that we got submissions from individuals as far away as Colorado, Oregon, Mississippi, Florida, New York, Maine and, of course as close by as my neighborhood (thanks, Brianna, for being the first to enter) and New Hampshire. Leaves were found in rural, suburban and urban areas. And while I know this fine contest will need refining especially in timing and displaying disparate-sized pics in the same category, overall, I hope the first ever, One Perfect Fall Leaf -24-Hour Photo Contest (c) (soon to be an annual event) encouraged you to get outside and witness the beauty just laying around or dangling tentatively from a branch. Even a simple leaf in the parking lot provides lots to admire; so before you break out the rakes and cart them away, remember to take a look. In the future, the 24-hour time limit will be more strictly enforced and evenly distributed. It helps level the playing field.
It’s now up to you, dear readers, to make your choices known.
- You can ONLY vote by leaving a comment on my blog NOT on Facebook or other sites where I promote the blog.
- You must vote once in each color category. So in the end you will have voted four times: Once each for reds, oranges, yellows and multi-coloreds. Photos are displayed in the order in which I received them.
- Identify your photo preference by using the entry numbers at the bottom in the caption of each picture.
- Choose wisely, duplicate votes from one person will be disregarded.
- Encouraging your friends to vote for you or your favorite photo is strongly advised. You need not have entered to vote.
- Voting deadline is Thursday, October 27 at 12 noon EST.
When category votes are tallied, you will be encouraged to return to the blog to pick the Best In Contest grand prize winner from among the category first place photos.
NOTE: Look for the snow creature photo contest coming this winter.
(c) 2011 Contest name, images & text by Alison Colby-Campbell