DEADLINE POSTPONED TIL THE END OF SANDY (AKA FRANKENCANE OR FRANKENSTORM)….NEW DEADLINE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON….BE SAFE EVERYBODY! The summer drought here in New England left little hope of producing the bouquet of wild mushrooms that typically add interest to the forest floor once the leaves take to releasing their grip on deciduous branches. And yet a number of fans requested a mushroom photo contest. Leave it to New England to swamp us this fall with enough wood rotting rain to salvage the contest. What’s the weather like in your area? Damp enough to make mushrooms pop??
“Mushrooms are like men–the bad most closely counterfeit the good.”
Happily nestled between dung and decay, mushrooms make this the perfect Halloween contest. Go find this zombie growth – it eats the dead and is itself barely alive. Death becomes them.
“Love is like a poisonous mushroom, you don’t know if it is the real thing until it is too late.” Source Unknown
Back by popular demand the 24-Hour Photo Contest –
Subject: Fungi, Mushroom, Toadstools. PuffBalls, in singles or groups
ONE (OR MORE) PERFECT FUNGI/MUSHROOM – 24 HOUR PHOTO CONTEST HOSTED BY MY BLOG – https://brain4rent.wordpress.com/
DEADLINE – By 12 MIDNIGHT EST on Sunday Oct 27, 2012
“Nature alone is antique, and the oldest art a mushroom.” –Thomas Carlyle
1. Submit your best original photo/s (up to 4) of one (or more) perfect mushroom/s to me via email at email@example.com. Up to 4 photos per person. Identify where photo was taken as best you can. Because time is limited to take the photos, a wider range of pics could be our winner.
2. CONTEST IS OPEN TO PERSONS LIVING IN CONTINENTAL USA ONLY, AS THAT IS AS FAR AS I AM WILLING TO SHIP THE AMAZING TBD PRIZE
3. JUDGING: Photos will be divided into four (4) color categories, IF we have enough entries. Contestants must identify in which category they’d like each mushroom photo to be placed.
- Brown Single
- Brown Clusters
- Other than Brown Single
- Other than Brown Clusters
4. Anyone and everyone will visit my blog to vote for their favorite in each category from Tuesday October 30 – Wednesday October 31.
5. Judging will be blind so please do not watermark your photos. SINCE VOTING IS BLIND AND BY THE PEOPLE, EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS CAN ENTER.
5. Selection of the populace is FINAL.
PRIZES: Bragging rights and a fabulous prize TBD – Got any theme appropriate ideas?
“To dream of mushrooms denotes fleeting happiness, to dream you are gathering them, fickleness in a lover or consort.” –Richard Folkard in Plant Lore (1884)
For additional information on Dream Analysis read my post: https://brain4rent.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/dream-a-little-dream-of-me-dream-analysis-through-the-years/
©2012 by Alison Colby-Campbell