Distractions (earthquakes, election, nor’easter and Thanksgiving) are behind us here in New England…so go walk off your turkey slumber and pecan pie sugar high and take a picture of a mushroom.
NEW DEADLINE – NOVEMBER 29 MIDNIGHT
Looking for mushrooms, toadstools, etc for the One Perfect Fungi 24 Hour Photo Contest.
“What we call mushrooms are reproductive organs of certain types of fungi….Mushrooms are categorized as fungi because unlike plants that require sunlight to undergo photosynthesis to make their own food, mushrooms lack chlorophyll, but require a substrate to grow upon. This is why mushrooms are found commonly on dead logs and feces, and people try to clear their lawns and gardens of this type of fungus.” Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-mushrooms-and-vs-fungus/#ixzz2D3OJ64bI
The 24 hours is yours….Pick a day and see what you can find in that day only. Then submit by November 29. If you already submitted, I have those photos but this will give you one more chance to add to your gallery of up to 4 photos.
“Mushrooms are like men–the bad most closely counterfeit the good.”
Happily nestled upon dung and decay, mushrooms make this the perfect contest to make you forget about leftovers and get some exercise.
“Love is like a poisonous mushroom, you don’t know if it is the real thing until it is too late.” Source Unknown
Back by popular demand the 24-Hour Photo Contest –
Subject: Fungi, Mushroom, Toadstools. PuffBalls, in singles or groups
ONE (OR MORE) PERFECT FUNGI/MUSHROOM – 24 HOUR PHOTO CONTEST HOSTED BY MY BLOG – https://brain4rent.wordpress.com/
DEADLINE – By 12 MIDNIGHT EST on Thursday, November 29, 2012
“Nature alone is antique, and the oldest art a mushroom.” –Thomas Carlyle
1. Submit your best original photo/s (up to 4) of one (or more) perfect mushroom/s to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to 4 photos per person. Identify where photo was taken as best you can. Because time is limited to take the photos, a wider range of pics could be our winner.
2. CONTEST IS OPEN TO PERSONS LIVING IN CONTINENTAL USA ONLY, AS THAT IS AS FAR AS I AM WILLING TO SHIP THE AMAZING PRIZE
3. JUDGING: Photos will be divided into four (4) color categories, IF we have enough entries. Contestants must identify in which category they’d like each mushroom photo to be placed.
- Brown Single
- Brown Clusters
- Other than Brown Single
- Other than Brown Clusters
4. Anyone and everyone will visit my blog to vote for their favorite in each category from Tuesday October 30 – Wednesday October 31.
5. Judging will be blind so please do not watermark your photos. SINCE VOTING IS BLIND AND BY THE PEOPLE, EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS CAN ENTER.
5. Selection of the populace is FINAL.
PRIZES: Bragging rights and a gift pack of dried ‘shrooms (the edible kind) –
“To dream of mushrooms denotes fleeting happiness, to dream you are gathering them, fickleness in a lover or consort.” –Richard Folkard in Plant Lore (1884)
For additional information on Dream Analysis read my post: https://brain4rent.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/dream-a-little-dream-of-me-dream-analysis-through-the-years/
©2012 by Alison Colby-Campbell